Tuesday, January 4, 2011

a slight glimpse into the insanity

This is an embarrassingly rough sketch of the Madonna and Child as a Geometrically Sound Entity.
It's a visual Manifesto rather than something that is meant to stand alone for it's aesthetic value, although I think it has those qualities too. It's always changing, keeping the main idea but being fine-tuned as time goes on. Here are some basic ideas that my work operates by. Remember, REALLY REALLY BASIC. To get deeper into any personal manifesto would mean that I couldn't use words anymore because there comes a point-I'm not a verbally eloquent person and I get the sinking feeling sometimes that no one understands what I'm trying to say or that I'm speaking a different language entirely.
Here some of it is:
-there are two important, base numbers and they are 3 and 4.
-3 is masculine
-4 is feminine
- diagonal, / and \ are masculine.
- the circle and the square are feminine.
-masculine is dynamic and action
-feminine is complete and whole
- a picture that operates on a ratio divisible by three will become dynamic
-a picture that operates on a ratio divisible by four will be whole.

Of course, none of this is completely black-and-white. This is where the whole idea of 7 comes in but I don't know if it's worth the time and, quite frankly, this may all only be important to me and that's fine.
Enjoy?

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful drawing. I like the ideas that you're using and how they work visually. I knew about the masculine 3 and feminine 4, but I don't know the significance of 7 in relation to that. Maybe you can tell me sometime...

    And, who the fuck cares about verbally describing it. Extracting the verbal meaning from work can be endless and drives one nuts, right?

    ReplyDelete