Sunday, December 12, 2010

Kind of the top ten. Kind of.




Okay, so imagine if you could have ten works of art and it doesn't matter what medium or era. Make sure it's what you want because it's all coming in the mail later this afternoon. Here is a loose list of mine, or at least a surrogate if I couldn't find it on the interwebs.

One of Robert Park-Harrison's photographs from the series, "The Architect's Brother". Gelatin Silver Print.
I couldn't find the actual painting, "Re-entry" by Steve Dibenedetto, but this is an example of one of his paintings.
Max Ernst's "Europe After The Rain"
One of Nathan Oliveria's Composite Heads.
Marlene Dumas's Dead Woman
Edvard Munch's Madonna. The Lithograph is way better than the painting; I always thought he was a much stronger printmaker than a painter.
Artemisia Gentileschi's Judith Slaying Holofernes.

Giacometti's Dog

Max Ernst, Napoleon Lost in the Wilderness

I couldn't find one of Baskin's Dead Man sculptures, if I could, it would be here.
ta da.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I'll be back in town around January 14th! I will give you a call. I hope you had a great christmas!!

    ReplyDelete